Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Celebrating Silence.

Keep money in the banks and not in your Mind..*

Says Sri Sri in his book Celebrating Silence. I am really celebrating silence as I am writing this blog, and more so celebrating Silence in T.Nagar !! I have been reading this book of Sri Sri for some time now. And this is a topic which I wanted to write about since some time, but Sri Sri helped me get a nice intro through his one liner.

How true,*

And how false this world has been transpiring through Ages. Our ancestors never gave value for anything, material. They only valued Humans. Materials were only traded on barter in those days. Only geography of few kms made things precious. For someone in the North Rice was slightly precious and for someone in south rice was in bounty and Wheat was slightly valuable. So equity in stock was maintained through exchange and nothing seemed precious those days. Arguably, how often have we seen our grandparents get weirdly surprised when we said a kilo of rice today costs 25 rupees, a kilo of wheat costs 30 rupees and so on and so forth. That’s purely because those were materials which had no value those days. For that matter even bullion was not valued so high relatively in spite of the demand being high in all times!!

But today it’s not surprisingly, a weird world. Almost everyone values only material possessions and believe anything can be acquired if you have that valuable currency. The currency again related to our needs, is dollars or rupees or euros!

Now let us start sailing in the tributaries :).

I have heard almost everyone say this these days. “I am very absent minded. I forget things in a blip” or “I am just flooded with thoughts and the pressure makes me forget almost everything!”

But how many of us, or those who keep saying any of the above sentences, on the 31st of the month or the 1st of the next month forget to check if our salary has been credited? How many of us in pressure, don’t care to step into that AT M and check if the money is in? and in case it hasn’t call up that banker, call up tom dick and harry and get it sorted out in a jiffy, in spite of not having the need for that money in such urgency? I am sure all of us including me have that urge to ensure that our money is in our account. Interestingly, I have seen so many people out of the ATM on the 1st of a month come to the ATM and take just that account balance statement and walk away smiling!

Honestly you, me or anyone who has a need for Money would have experienced what I wrote above. For someone that money coming in is a few rupees, for someone else it’s a few lakhs and for the third it’s a few crores. But that urge and excitement is almost the same!

Now I want to take this further. For someone who is in that excitement for a few rupees I am sure it’s quite justifiable. After all he can’t live the next day without that but imagine the other two for whom the money is either like water in the well or the water in the ocean. Both are never empty and can never be full!!

Will stop here. This particular article so far, has lesser relevance to what Sri Sri implicitly meant. I would talk about that more. Meanwhile,

Keep Thinking :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too good..

Archana Raghupathy said...

sri sri..? whos that?

Jayaram Mahalingam said...

Sri Sri Ravishankar.. the Art of living Man!!

Archana Raghupathy said...

okie..
sounds he is conducting lot of camps these days..