Sunday, February 04, 2007

Think Complicated

Think Complicated

One of my closest friend recently asked me, “What is the most fascinating thing for you about life?” I immediately said it’s the Human thought process. Reasoning out I said “For me the human thought process is the most diverse, innovative, impulsive and hence the most fascinating creation in a human. After all a software engineer will always enjoy only virtual things and not physical/real :).

I thought about writing under this topic after a series of movies I have watched recently. I must say I loved all of them just for the complicated thought process of its maker. I am calling this complicated thought because it’s quite out of common for me. Almost all of us have some thinking patterns oriented towards our fellow men. But only few men stand out, and think bizarre. This, is complicated thought process for me. It’s creative, credible and compulsive.

The films were Page3, Corporate and my ever famous evergreen Kamal haasan’s Anbe Sivam. All the films dealt with one social aspect or the other. But the intricacy of handling was ingenious. I want to express my fascination for each of the films in my subsequent para’s. Meanwhile I want my reader to think about these words in sync with this blog. Complicated, Controversial, unilateral. All these words drive me towards forming one opine which might be correct. The complicated thought process occurs when one challenges a system and tries to portray the system in a negative way, and in the process sow seeds of thought for a tree. This tree can either shower shadow through its branches above the ground or it can also spread its branches under the ground(roots) and destruct the constructions in its neighborhoods. How complicated was that ? :) .

To finish I wanted to express my fascinations at the films. Page 3 was an out and out heroine based movie. Something seen once in a decade in Indian cinemas. A thorough bioscope into the party animals of the high class society and try to hint at their false pretence living. And Corporate, again an madhur bhandarkar movie was hitting at the other upper class, not in society but in the corporate level. The movie was trying to expose the only intention with which corporate’s live, MARGINS!!. They can compromise on anything and everything to ensure their margins are intact and increasing…The third movie is one I have watched for 9th time in succession. A movie which will be among the best movies I have watched in my life time. I will definitely dedicate a separate single blog for anbe sivam when I watch it the next time. Still I wouldn’t be able to express my fullest fascinations for this masterpiece by Kamal. The movie out and out tries to criticize the society that believes that it is God, who does everything and we are just dolls in His puppet show. All along the movie tries to prove a theist wrong and tells him, what is true to him might be false and what is false to him might be true. Communism personified. But Alas not all Communists are Atheist’s :) .

Before I finish this thought struck my mind. Why was such an excellently crafted movie like anbe sivam an utter flop. Was it because it was too complicated for the mass to digest? Or was it because the movie was against the mass feeling of theism? Or as usually said was it because, Kamal or for that matter Lakshmi movie makers weren’t lucky? Luck is a mystical word. More so a divine word :) . Someone who does not believe in God cannot use this word.

Think about this!!! And don’t miss to watch these movies. Thanks for your time. Remember, Think Complicated :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jram,

Im a hardcore fan of Kamal Hassan & have watched most of his movies several times. I would say after Mahanadi , Anbe Sivam was a perfect Kamal Hassan Movie.

Kamal ( or Sundar .C ???) has conveyed that love & compassion towards a person will make a human tranform into God.Its Kamal who can deliver this message in a very real good package.

Sametime i should mention a movie ( stupid Movie )called Baba which also tried to convey a message similar to this. But the idea of delivery differs & its there Kamal Stands to be appreciated. Still its a real surprise that Anbe Sivam didnt run.

Thanks for giving a good review about Anbe Sivam. It was really nice

Your end justification Alas not all Communists are Atheist’s is also nice.

Anonymous said...

Try to compare & write a blog abt the difference between BABA & Anbe Sivam. I want to hear that from you.

Archana Raghupathy said...

Finally a post that i can understand :)

Except for page3 i watched other 2, really wondered why they din fare well n boxes... while movies like sivakasi, thirupaachi are box office hits.. :-S

i wrote something about the movie .. kamal.. no one can match..! :P

Anonymous said...

Even give a thought to the programming done at our brain level, so light in weight but can carry all the heavy thoughts. Coming from the Inferno Blog hunt. Nice blog.