Thursday, September 14, 2006

Looking back!

Looking back..!

“Its kinda funny how life can change ,Can flip 180 in a matter of days!”

How true is this lyric of Blue as they sing ONE LOVE. I have a reason behind getting philosophical this day. This is the day I am two years old. Not in life but in my professional career. And what prodded me to write this ,is a mail that I wrote exactly 2 years ago when I started my career with Wipro. A mail full of innocence ,excitement and overall so naïve in content. But today as I look back it’s no longer me. I cant resist to believe I have changed so much. But the ultimate question that I keep asking myself. To be or not to be!.

Have I changed for the better or….I should say I have grown a lot matured. A lot mature in views, thought, mannerism etc.. But an inner feeling, the so called subconscious mind keeps rattling its tail. It says it’s more important to be static than to be dynamic. Static here means consistency. Dynamic here means unpredictable.

I started with my dream company, Wipro. I enjoyed every moment of innovation that kept happening around me. But today it’s a lot more different. Life seems so different every day. What I thought yesterday as good today seems dubious. And what seemed dubious yesterday seems exciting today . If the human mind is this dynamic(unpredictable) how can I Live? How can I decide what is best to me? How can I feel happy about what I did and feel happy about what’s coming my way?

I ended with my not so dream company this June. But the disappointment was less felt. The excitation that was there the first day wasn’t matched by the disappointment on the last day with Wipro. Is that because Wipro has changed? Nay! It was because I have changed. Changed for better? Questionable today. Answerable tomorrow and questionable again the day after!

Now what Iam trying to say? Let me try for some clarity hereon…

Why are we so confused at life. Is this because of the choices we have?. Is it because we don’t have a fixed thought process?

The answer to this is simple. The root cause of this is abilasha (wish). When we can feel satisfied in life then we can predict our life easily. We can live life the way we want to. We can live happily. So my dear reader ,Optimism starts from the mind and ends in the mind. Feel satisfied about what you do Big or Small. Don’t take the law of relativity to the mind and compare.

I just want to become Innocent! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The answer to this is simple. The root cause of this is abilasha (wish). When we can feel satisfied in life then we can predict our life easily. We can live life the way we want to. We can live happily"

Jay, I cannot accept the above point of urs.
Urge to succeed,to achieve,to reach the peak,aspirations,dreams wud all become elusive the moment one feels satisfied.
How can I predict life when life itself is change??? And who will want to lose the thrill of life when everything happens by prediction??????? U sound a bit communistic although I do not want to get into the intricacies of communism!!!!!!