Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blessed...

Blessed

Many a times in life we dream about something happening in the future. But when we reach the moment, when, the then future is now the present, we tend to pinch our self to ascertain if we are living in reality or still in dream. This might sound whimsical but I am sure this would have happened to each one of us in our life. Such moments are truly to be cherished and such people are truly blessed!

I experienced one such moment on 12th of January this year when the pediatrician brought my daughter and asked me to hold her in my arms, seconds after the baby came into this world. I couldn’t trust that it was real. I was so ecstatic that I was pinching myself to convince that what I was experiencing was real and not a dream :D. And yet again last week another dream turned a reality, when the little one, now 2 months old smiled and tried to lick my face when I cuddled her and rubbed her cheeks with mine, I could only express my delight in one single word, and that is ‘BLESSED’ !

Another incident followed on the 18th of this month. And that taught me a good lesson and in turn motivated me to write this blog. This was another incident which made me feel I am blessed yet again. I or rather we (3) became proud owners of a residential flat in a nice residential area in the city. This particular day has been in my dream for years now and I when the dream did turn into a reality, I could not completely believe everything I was experiencing was real and not a dream :D

But as I sat down thinking, I realized that almost everyone is as blessed as me and what I was going through was just satisfaction of some kind. To slightly change the phrase

‘Blessed are those who are satisfied’

Every human being is given a equal opportunity to be satisfied. The environment might be different, but there can be no denial on the fact that there is definitely an opportunity. An opportunity to prove, an opportunity to improve and an opportunity to feel satisfied :D

And digging a little more I stuck upon another profound thought. To feel satisfied one must focus on life and give little importance to material things. If you understand the quality of life you wish to live you will feel satisfied on achieving that. But if you set targets on material things, by the time you achieve them they lose their value substantially, and all your life, you live aspiring for more, and miss to enjoy life, waiting to be lived !!

And there I stop but before I end,

I recently read this beneath the signature of someone who sent me a mail. And needless to say I liked it. I hope my reader can draw a line of relevance here.

God grant me -
Serenity to accept things I cannot change;
Courage to change things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference

No comments: